6P Marketing, one of Winnipeg’s largest marketing firms, is looking for a full-time Accounting & Office Administrator. The ideal candidate is attentive to requests and proactively makes sure everything is in order. They are a real go-getter, with strong organizational skills and a drive for taking ownership of tasks – whether they be new or routine!
The Accounting & Office Administrator supports all departments in 6P, ensuring smooth operation of our office. They are often the first point of contact for prospects and clients and need to create a positive impression. They support all 6P departments to maximize productivity. The Office Manager is selected by, reports to and is fully accountable to the Director of Finance & Administration.
Required: High school diploma with some post secondary education/experience related to office administration.
a. Previous related experience in office administration in a fast-paced office environment
b. A minimum of two years experience in a similar role
c. Previous experience in a marketing firm is an asset, but not required
d. Superior ability to use a computer, MS word, Excel, online tools such as Google Docs and Webmail.
e. Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills.
f. Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals
g. An eye for accuracy and detail
h. Impressive organizational and multi-tasking skills
i. Preferred: Proof reading skills
j. Preferred: QuickBooks / bookkeeping – data entry experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensuring maintenance of a clean, healthy office environment and maintains an attractive office appearance for visitors and clients (reception area & boardrooms in particular)
- Assisting with AR and maintaining Outstanding Accounts AR form along with general support with accounting/bookkeeping.
- Greeting clients/guests and ensure their experience is timely, welcoming and positive
- HR support that includes screening candidates, scheduling interviews with department heads and candidates as well as new employee onboarding.
- Organize travel requirements for staff and executive as needed
- Maintaining inventory levels for office following min/max guidelines, order as needed
- Maintaining paper, electronic and project file organization. Oversee general office filing (account files, digital files on server organization, etc) Specific areas of focus include:
- Archiving project files older than 6 months to keep filing cabinet current
- Keeping electronic folders clean and organized
- Cleaning Dropbox on a quarterly basis
- Non-media supplier management (all 3rd party suppliers: cleaners, copier, water, etc)
- Accounting Supporting including oversight/ responsibility for sending out cheques and receipt of vendor invoices. May include paying select vendors with corporate credit card under direction of Accounting.
- Some 6P event planning including staff lunches, special events and holiday party. Future to include external event coordination such as Manitoba Chamber MBiz events.
- Administers social committee and safety committee.
- Other office administration/operations duties as required.
If you are looking for a collaborative, transparent, team-oriented environment where integrity and work-life balance are valued, send us your stuff. We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in us. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals across Canada and believe strongly in diversity.
Job Type: Full-time, permanent.
Schedule: Monday to Friday. Some evening / morning events. No Weekends.
Location: In Office. Flex time options available.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline: until the hire is made.
Apply using form below or Contact: email@example.com
Attention: Warren Kalyn, Director of Finance & Administration, 6P Marketing
To learn a bit more about us and our culture, feel free to go here.