6P Marketing is looking for an experienced Web Developer to join our Creative Department. We value a well-developed skill set and, just as importantly, a passion for communications, design, multimedia, and web development. We need someone who is willing to learn, strive for excellence, try new things, collaborate and think outside the box.
The ideal experienced candidate has more than 3 years of proven web development experience with WordPress. (Joomla/Drupal considered an asset.)
This role is currently temporary, with the hopes of moving in the direction of a permanent full-time hire based on a success candidate.
- Ability to proactively and efficiently solve complex web related problems as they occur
- You should be a creative go-getter with strong conceptual skills and ‘out of the box’ thinking.
- You work well with others and are: quick, meticulous, responsible, reliable, and well organized with solid production and web capabilities.
Qualifications and Skills
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in the fields of web development, digital media, or similar
- 3 or more years of website development experience
- Fluency and 3 or more years of experience with open source CMS technologies (WordPress) – Joomla/Drupal considered an asset
- Experience with MySQL databases, cPanel hosting, SSL and DNS management
- Experience with eCommerce solutions an asset
- Strong design capability with a good sense of style
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop (Illustrator/InDesign/XD an asset)
- Experience managing cross-browser compatibility
- Knowledge of SEO tools – Google Analytics, Tag Manager and Search Console
- CRM integration experience an asset
- Research / problem-solving skills
- Team player able to effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Organized self-starter with the ability to follow direction
- Ability to comfortably work in a fast paced team environment
- Ability to track time efficiently and communicate project progress
- Strong portfolio illustrating breadth and depth of web experience
About 6P Marketing:
6P Marketing is a fast-growing, full-service agency that develops, implements, and maintains cost-effective, results-oriented marketing solutions for a wide variety of clients who are motivated and dedicated to growing their businesses.
If you are looking for a collaborative, transparent, team-oriented environment where integrity and work-life balance are valued, we want to talk with you.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
To keep our employees as safe as possible, we’ve installed hand sanitizer stations throughout the office, as well as directional signage and room capacity measures to ensure low traffic areas. We mandate masks to be worn at all times in the office.
Education: DCS / DEC (Preferred)
- WordPress: 2 years (Preferred)
- Web Development: 3 years (Required)
- English (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19