6P Marketing, one of Winnipeg’s largest marketing firms, is looking for a full-time Office Manager.
The ideal candidate is attentive to requests and proactively makes sure everything is in order. They are a real go-getter, with strong organizational skills and a drive for taking ownership of tasks – whether they be new or routine!
1. Job Purpose
The Office Manager supports all departments in 6P, ensuring smooth operation of our office. They are often the first point of contact for prospects and clients and need to create a positive impression. They support all 6P departments to maximize productivity.
2. Reporting Relationships
The Office Manager is selected by, reports to and is fully accountable to the Director of Operations. In addition, they work closely with the President and Accounting Lead.
3. Job requirements
To perform this role successfully an individual must be able to complete all areas outlined for this position in a satisfactory manner. The requirement listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to meet the minimum job requirements for this position.
Required: High school diploma with some post secondary education/experience related to office administration.
a. Previous related experience in office administration in a fast-paced office environment
b. A minimum of two years experience in a similar role
c. Previous experience in a marketing firm is an asset, but not required
3.3 Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
a. Superior ability to use a computer, MS word, Excel, online tools such as Google Docs and Webmail.
b. Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills.
c. Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals
d. An eye for accuracy and detail
e. Impressive organizational and multi-tasking skills
f. Preferred: Proof reading skills
3.4 Working Conditions
This is an office-based role with majority of the time at a desk. Some meetings outside the office may be required from
time to time.
Preferred: access to a vehicle for occasional out-of-office needs.
The Office Manager receives authority form the Director of Operations as necessary to carry out their role. Such authority includes:
4.1 Authority to order office supplies, as needed, within budget and a $100 threshold. Purchases over this amount should be reviewed with the Director of Operations.
4.2 Authority to order meals and charge to 6P account as directed by department leaders.
4.3 Authority to represent 6P in dealings with suppliers and vendors (cleaners, etc) on a day-to-day basis. Significant issues should be raised to the Director of Operations.
5. Responsibilities and Duties
The primary functional responsibilities and duties of the Office Administrator include:
- Ensuring maintenance of a clean, healthy office environment and maintains an attractive office appearance for visitors and clients (reception area & boardrooms in particular)
- Assisting with AR and maintaining Outstanding Accounts AR form along with general support with accounting/bookkeeping.
- Supporting Client Services team with docket set up (physical and digital), filing and maintenance, as well as meetings, minutes and other duties as needed.
- Maintaining employee review tracker
- Greeting clients/guests and ensure their experience is timely, welcoming and positive
- Manage petty cash and report on top up needs
- Host 3M meeting- set-up materials, open Zoom meeting and admit attendees, share admin news.
- Maintains office calendar including vacations, birthdays and work anniversaries.
- HR support that includes screening candidates and scheduling interviews with department heads and candidates.
- Organize travel requirements for staff and executive as needed
- Helps with 6P’s annual holiday celebration (both staff and client) requirements
- Maintaining inventory levels for office following min/max guidelines, order as needed
- Maintaining paper, electronic and project file organization. Oversee general office filing (account files, digital files on server organization, etc) Specific areas of focus include:
- Archiving project files older than 6 months to keep filing cabinet current
- Keeping electronic folders clean and organized
- Cleaning Dropbox on a quarterly basis
- General office housekeeping tasks including recycling, kitchen, etc.
- Non-media supplier management (all 3rd party suppliers: cleaners, copier, water, etc)
- Oversight/ responsibility for sending out cheques and receipt of vendor invoices. May include paying select vendors with corporate credit card under direction of Accounting.
- Mail receipt and distribution
- Supporting Director of Operations with IT requests/orders
- Some 6P event planning including staff lunches, special events and holiday party. Future to include external event coordination such as Manitoba Chamber MBiz events.
- Administers social committee (takes minutes, sets agenda, schedule, etc.)
- Administers safety committee and oversees requirements.
- Front of house upkeep- updates client logo frame on quarterly basis and checks staff ‘curio’ cabinet on a monthly basis to keep it up to date.
- Monitors staff timesheets for accuracy/training.
- Where requested tracks executive calendars, assists with scheduling meetings, correspondence and compiling reports.
- Assists Accounting Lead in preparing orientation packages for new hires.
- Other office administration/operations duties as required.
6. Measures of performance
The Office Manager shall be deemed to be performing in an acceptable manner when the following have been
6.1 Conduct in accordance with 6P Marketing Mission, Vision and Values statement.
6.2 Actively works to maintain healthy professional relationships with team members, clients and suppliers.
6.3 Demonstrates good judgment in reporting and resolving issues that arise.
6.4 Key reports (review tracker, AR tracker) are accurate and updated weekly
6.5 Supports President by assisting with reports, calendar and communications.
6.6 Files and office environment are maintained in good condition (dockets, Dropbox).
7. Key Reports
The Office Manager is responsible for the following reports:
- Employee review tracker (weekly)
- AR tracker (real time, weekly minimum)
- Office supplies order list (monthly)
- Office & elevator key list (monthly)
- Security system/code list (real time, monthly minimum)
- Phone list (monthly)
- Parking list (quarterly)