The Media Coordinator supports the Manager of Media and Online Marketing by taking care of details around media placement, media costs and billing, client reports and supporting the online team where needed.
The Media Coordinator is selected by, reports to and is fully accountable to the Manager of Media Services
To perform this role successfully an individual must be able to complete all areas outlined for this position in a satisfactory manner. The requirement listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to meet the minimum job requirements for this position.
1. EducationRequired: A post-secondary degree or diploma focused on marketing, media or online marketing.
2+ years experience in media management, online marketing or general marketing
3. Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Superior ability to use a computer, online tools such as Google Docs and Webmail. Excellent with Excel.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Good understanding of Manitoba’s media options.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with employees of different experience levels (junior to senior).
- Strong time management skills and the willingness to take ownership of tasks and see them through to successful completion. Can manage and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines at once.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail and accuracy. Detail oriented + thorough with all administrative tasks.
- Can write media objectives, strategies, tactics including media selection rationale supported by objective media industry data.
- Receptiveness to feedback and adaptability. Responds constructively to questions and concerns from 6P clients or 6P’s team members.
4. Working Conditions
This is an office-based role with majority of the time at a desk. Some meetings outside the office may be required from time to time.
Responsibilities and Duties
The primary functional responsibilities and duties of the Media Coordinator include:
- Evaluate, estimate, plan and buy traditional media.
- Review final media contracts, create POs and invoices. Ensure all POs are billed to clients in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Track media plan performance in terms of client agreed metrics. E.g.: reach, frequency + SOV.
- Track media buy performance in terms of ad placement relative to the media contract.
- Maintain up-to-date schedules and Gantt charts so MSMs and Manager of Media Services consistently have real time campaign information.
- Support Manager of Media Services in development and maintenance/updating of media plans.
- Update monthly media budget spreadsheets.
- Maintain current vendor relationships, source new suppliers as needed.
- Prepare reports for clients on the media campaign effectiveness.
- Ensure creative is delivered to vendor to the correct specifications and timelines
- Prepare all POs for all media suppliers
- Timely / accurate quotes from vendors
- Assist online marketing team as required (admin, data entry / capacity planning, etc)
- Research media alternatives and media weight tests whenever possible.
- Negotiate with media to maximize ad runs (bonus ads, etc)
- Liaises with the online analytics teams to come up with easy to understand media performance summaries for all media in play for a particular client’s media plan.
- Assist MSMs in overseeing non-media (Print, promo items, photographers, video, etc) projects.
- Producing Internal 6P reports to ensure media programs are on track.
Measures of Performance
The Media Coordinator shall be deemed to be performing in an acceptable manner when the following have been accomplished:
- Ensuring all POs are invoiced to clients in timely and accurate manner.
- Reconciliation of all media POs to vendor invoices.
- Billable target of 80% (strategic time as well as placing/managing client media)
- Conduct in accordance with 6P Marketing Mission, Vision and Values statement.
- Actively works to maintain healthy professional relationships with team members, clients and suppliers.
- Demonstrates good judgment in reporting and resolving issues that arise.
- Ultimate goal is satisfied clients who are happy with results and/or progress. Target of 6 client kudo/year.