The Copywriter crafts perfectly polished and persuasive sentences. They use their copy skills to bolster creative and create engaging content. In addition they support the team in a proofing capacity, ensuring that documents and presentations are succinct yet compelling.
Requirements / Experience
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Business or another related discipline (like Public Relations) is required.
- At least 3+ years of copywriting experience, ideally in the agriculture, food, realty, tech or construction sector(s).
- Experience creating a variety of written works including, but not limited to: taglines and descriptions, headlines, advertisements, annual reports, in-store promotions, brochures and business collateral, scripts for video and radio, copy for on-line and off-line marketing campaigns, editorial, social media content, websites content, copy for search engine optimization, radio scripts, meta descriptions.
- Operating in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and open-concept space.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to write copy that stops + engages the audiences intellectually + emotionally.
- Demonstrated (superior) ability to understand an individual brand’s positioning and USP and to speak for the brand and with the brand’s constituents with the appropriate tone + manner
- Demonstrated ability to convey complex ideas + emotional concepts in a clear, compelling manner
- Demonstrated ability to see the bigger “campaign” picture and ensures the current copy work relates well to other existing campaign copy that is still in play.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with employees of different experience levels (junior to senior).
- Detail oriented + thorough with all administrative tasks related to the copy + graphic design process.
- Can manage + prioritize multiple long and short copy-writing projects and deadlines at once.
- Impeccable grammar + proofreading abilities.
- Superior ability to use a computer, MS word, Excel, online tools such as Google Docs and Webmail.
- Is comfortable meeting and working with new people and being in unfamiliar situations.
Responsibilities and Duties
The primary functional responsibilities and duties of the Copywriter include:
- The Copywriter is selected by, reports to and is fully accountable to the Creative Director.
- Develop compelling long and short copy for direct and digital assignments based on brand guidelines. Write, edit and proofread enticing and informative content for both clients and internal projects – including but not limited to: email/newsletters, websites, press releases, print and online advertisements, and sales collateral (brochures, etc.).
- Create original concepts and content in collaboration with Creative Director and other colleagues.
- Ensures that all 6P communication recommendations (including those that we do not present to our clients) are on brand, on strategy and support the client’s USP.
- Act as the Agency proof-reader for all client and 6P’s public facing communications.
- Work closely with the Creative Director (CD), middle and senior account service team members to agree which client or 6P stories to tell and how to tell them
- Work with internal teams to generate ideas for pitching and proposals.
- Work with the Business Development team to develop concepts and present them to clients.
Application Deadline: until the hire is made
Apply using form below or Contact: email@example.com
Attention: Lisa Paillé, Accounting Lead / Culture
To learn a bit more about us and our culture, feel free to go here.